Click here to read the chapter (link works only for UC affiliates)
- Define and describe the basics of econometrics
- Describe how to do an econometric study
- Do Good Teachers Produce Better Student Outcomes?
- Does the Law of Demand Hold for Electricity?
- Is it Possible to Forecast Stock Returns?
What We Learned
- Econometrics is about making sense of economic data.
- Three steps to conducting econometric analysis. (1) State the purpose of the analysis, (2) Formulate the research design and specify the econometric model, (3) Apply statistical theory.